About the Role:
ART X Collective is looking for a Digital Marketing Associate who will focus on its digital communication which is a key medium in creating the visibility needed to reach its target audience on a large scale. The candidate for this role must be well experienced and knowledgeable in advertising and digital strategy and must be able to create the right content (visual and verbal) to meet the objectives for each ART X Collective initiative being advertised.
The candidate must also have sound experience in social media marketing and management for brands, businesses or blogs, be always up to date on recent technologies/changes used on these platforms and be flexible and adaptable to applying them to his/her work as needed, and must have a keen interest in the creative industry.
Position Motivators- “Why should anyone want this job”?
- Intellectual Challenge- Position offers the platform to handle tasks and situations that require strategic thinking to understand things, especially difficult or complicated ideas, and subjects and finding intelligent ways to provide solutions.
- Variety- Position provides a great deal of variety in the nature of the work performed.
- Positioning- the position offers experience and access to people and opportunities that will position you well for your next career move.
ART X Collective seeks to transform the culture sector in Africa and builds platforms and businesses to empower the continent’s leading creative talent.
Founded by Tokini Peterside, the company’s current platforms include:
- ART X Lagos – the premier international art fair in West Africa
- The ART X Prize – the leading arts prize in Nigeria for emerging artists
- ART X Live! – a dynamic show that merges visual art and live music.
ART X Collective also includes an advisory arm, and since 2013 has supported pioneering entrepreneurs and brands across the culture, design and luxury sectors.
Job Category: Permanent (Full-Time)
Job Level: Associate
Reporting Relationship: Communications Manager
Required Experience: 2-3 years prior related experience working as a Social Media Manager/ Content Editor / Video Producer in the creative and culture industry.
The Digital Marketing Associate will perform the following duties:
- Lead all digital communications and marketing from planning to execution, including analysis of back end analytics and performance
- Lead digital advertising planning and optimize content for improved analytics
- Develop social media plans and strategies, including content plans and original, well-researched ideas.
- Develop email marketing strategy and analyze ways of optimizing the channel.
- Manage and oversee the website and update its contents.
- Recruit and build a content team for the period of the fair.
- Manage, execute and oversee all ART X Collective’s marketing campaign strategies.
- Execute social media plans, selecting, captioning, and publishing content.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely campaigns.
- Manage videographers, photographers, and graphic designers to produce high-quality content.
- Administer the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
- Leverage the right tools to manage content.
- Analyse performance indicators and drive high community / follower engagement
- Oversee the ‘ content war room’ during the ART X Lagos fair week, coordinating, managing and motivating multiple team members.
- Other tasks as assigned by the CEO and Communications Manager.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- Vast, in-depth experience in, and up-to-date knowledge of social media platforms and their respective communities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Well versed in analytics, backend APIs across a variety of platforms
- Strong understanding and experience in running and implementing target and results-based online campaigns
- A strategic approach to digital communications, with experience across a wide range of digital channels
- Creative ability to deliver innovative text, image, and video content
- Experienced at sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Excellent written, grammatical, editorial and communications skills
- Versatility and ability to edit in various styles and tones
- Strong creative thinking
- Interest in contemporary African art, culture, and design
- Excellent organisational, project management and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent people skills and relationship management – a team player with the confidence and ability to lead and guide other colleagues
- A sound understanding of content marketing and how to use content to deliver against objectives.
- Negotiation with vendors and external parties.
Applications Accepted By:
Email: email@example.com – Kindly attach a Cover Letter, CV and a brief description of the importance of culture and identity, detailing why it matters to you. Kindly limit your writing to no more than 400 words.
Subject Line: Digital Marketing Associate Application
Note: Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Kindly visit the following pages for more information on our brands: